Friday 27 July 2012

Comments From The Chill Corner

Chill Corner
With the sun actually being out and me shedding the usual 10 layers for just 4. We've been taking advantage of the summer in the garden. I've done most of my reading out there, casually on the swing or on the picnic chairs under the umbrella, but when the tide turns and it gets chilly we retreat back into the dark, dark, house. 


I have a bay window in my new room and I've wanted to maximise the use of it for ages but nothing quite seemed to fit. For the last month I've had an armchair in there with my pink throw over it but as Ellie isn't allowed on the furniture she rarely joins me, unless it's too hot upstairs and she comes back to me to warm my feet up. 


Ellie loves it when I'm sitting on the floor with her, she rests her head in my lap but despite having carpet over the hard wood floor it's not the most comfortable way to spend the evening hours. Thus I found a solution. A bigger dog bed. 


There's this large chocolate brown, fleece, dog bed that both I and Ellie have been eyeing up every time we go to Pets At Home. We couldn't really justify the price as she already has a blanket she sleeps on that came with her. But I thought if I moved the armchair and put the new dog bed there, it's more of a fleece mattress than a dog bed, then we could both chill out on it. I could read and she could dog day dream in my lap. One day into the experiment and it's already a success. 


Ellie sat and read with me last night and she stayed for the most part of making our weekend videos this afternoon. Now I have it all to myself for this blog post, it's super soft and comfy. I can't feel the harsh wooden floorboards at all underneath. 


I'm working my way through the 39 clues series. I picked up the first book, The Maze of Bones and so far despite it being a short book, it's not really gripping me. I'd hate to end July on a disappointing read :(. As all the books in the series are written by different authors, I'm hoping that even if this book isn't that great, the others might be. If you've read any of them, please let me know what you think of them and suggest good ones in the series! 


I have about 11 book reviews to finish writing and editing so I can post them on here. I don't know what's happened with me this month. I used to read a book and then review it before I read the next book, this month I've just read, read, read and hardly reviewed. I've totally lost the swing of it. 


I've filmed, edited and uploaded Fridays video on my channel, just waiting for it to finish processing then I'll make it public. It's not a For Your Consideration video, that will be back next week. Today instead it's a Monthly Reads Roundup for July in which I've read 14 books which include ebook and audiobooks. 


Time for tea. 
Emx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Kind To Others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...