Tuesday 31 July 2012

Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie | Audiobook

This is more of a review about the BBC Radio 4 Full Cast Dramatisation, my experience or overview rather than a review of the book itself. 


Agatha Christie - Five Little Pigs Audio CD


I'm a huge Agatha Christie fan and I love all of her Hercule Poirot books so the review would basically just consist of. "Love it, enough said". 


This was my first time experiencing an Audiobook performed as a radio play and I wanted to put my thoughts down about it. 


John Moffat provided the voice for Hercule Poirot and I think he did a pretty good job. For me, Hercule will always be David Suchet but I came to this with an open mind and I was pleasantly surprised. Having seen the series and owning them on DVD I could quite easily drift off and see it all in my head. 


I also really enjoyed listening to all the extra sounds, a door being opened and closed, birds outside of an open office window, the awkward silence when the murderer has been outed. Brilliant, you tend to miss those in a television show because the dialogue takes precedence. You have the visual aid there to show you that there's movement and background activity. It really gave the book depth and made it not just a story between pages where you imagine the events happening before you, it was like actually being there in the room with them. 


I think dramatisations are fast becoming my favourite way to listen to Audiobooks. I never really considered it before but it just brings so much more to the story than having a single narrator.


Five Little Pigs is the story of a wrongly convicted murderess, who's daughter with the aid of Hercule Poirot, confirms her innocence, sixteen years after the murder and her subsequent death. How young love and jealousy turned to hate and how misconceptions fogged up the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Kind To Others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...