Tuesday 31 July 2012

I'm A Goodreads Librarian!

I've been on Goodreads for three years, this August. I can't remember how I came across it, through book friends and blogs I think. 
I really enjoy being on it, I've found a lot of friends who are interested in the same kinds of books I am and they always have perfect recommendations. 


I explore Listmania a lot for recommendations in specific genres. Most recently for my up coming, September Mer Month and November Angel Month reads. It's a lot more efficient to go through that then to pick randomly in Amazon. Then I can spend more time actually reading free samples and auditioning the books and hopefully, be left with the top 5-10 reads that I'll really enjoy and be able to recommend. 


I applied to be a Goodreads Librarian, only yesterday. I had seen it on others profiles before but I thought it was a special thing. I didn't realise that just anyone could apply for it, if they met the criteria. I decided to apply because even though Audiobooks and Kindle books are usually available in the 'Other Editions' tab, some of the info isn't as accurate as their paperback and hardback counterparts. Also in the last year, I've been reading the Merlin series of books that accompanies the British TV Show and they haven't even had a listing on Goodreads, so I've done my best to create them and fill the info out as accurately as I can. The same goes for a few Audiobooks, mostly the ones that don't have a physical edition, only download editions. That's the reason I applied to be a Goodreads Librarian, to keep track of Audiobooks and Kindle editions and help make Goodreads even more helpful. 


If you're a bookworm and like to keep track of what you read and when, find friends who read similar books and also some really good recommendations! check out www.goodreads.com it's a social networking site for book people and it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Kind To Others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...